Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Before My Journey Begans...


So last April I decided to take the 30 day challenge and become a Vegetarian. It was really easy for me. I had been watching videos, and reading all about what goes on at Factory Farms and Slaughter houses, and I knew I didn't want to contribute to the growing epidemic. So for the past 10 months I have devoted myself to learning more about what goes on at the farms, and what people are actually eating, and it is truly disgusting! We wonder why our nation is overweight, always sick, and dying younger. For the first time in our history, we are expected to live shorter lives then our parents, That's insane!

So this is where my journey begins. I myself am overweight, however since becoming a vegetarian, I have felt better about myself, but not truly satisfied. When I first gave up meat, I was leaning more in the vegan direction, but as time grew on, I slowly added more cheese and diary back into my diet. Then once my husband and I got married and moved in together, we realized how expensive it is to eat right. Our diet pretty much consist es of Frozen Pizza, Mac and Cheese, and Taco Bell! That is all going to change January 6th.

I am going Devote myself in doing the 30 day challenge to become Vegan. For all of you who don't know what a vegan is the definition is, "A vegetarian who eats plant products only, especially one who uses no products derived from animals, as fur or leather." Basically it means NO animal products. NO cheese, milk, egg, Nothing. So our days of Frozen Pizza and Mac and cheese are over!

Though becoming a vegetarian was easy for me, this will be difficult, but I know its the best thing I could do for myself. I will blog everyday about what I ate, and my challenges though each day, and after my 30 days, I will decide whether or not I can do this for a lifetime.



And So my Journey begins.........

1 comment:

  1. You can do it Ro!! I believe in you!! Good luck!! Love ya! love britt!!

    ReplyDelete